One of the reasons our customers chose Bluebell is the fact that we can take care of it all! When you buy your fitted furniture from us our commitment to you does not end there! We employ our own skilled fitters and we will bring in our own ‘in house’ tradespeople whom we have worked alongside for many years. We have builders, plumbers, plasterers, electricians, tilers, and a fantastic flooring expert working with us who we are happy to put our name alongside. We aim to take away the stress and so we provide a service that we would want ourselves. We will project manage the changes for you from start to finish and we always provide you with a schedule of events so that they you kept up to date at all times ‘who’s doing what, when etc’. In fact many of our customers go away on holiday and leave us their keys! They feel reassured that our fitters work for us so completely trustworthy and they come home to a fabulous new kitchen, a stunning bedroom or even an amazing study.
Based on our years of experience we know that choosing good local tradesman can be a bit of a nightmare. It is vital to find a good tradesman, experienced in the work you require and offering clear competitive rates so you can select the best. If they make a mistake or are simply unreliable then the consequences can be disastrous.
But where do you start? To help you find the right one we have put together a few tips. Good luck!
- Check a builder is in a Trade Body or part of a Trusted Trader Scheme. We are extremely proud to be part of Which Trusted Traders (trustedtraders.which.co.uk) however there are other trade bodies out there. Depending on which trade you are searching for you could look at the Federation of Master Builders (fmb.org.uk) or Corgi (www.corgiapproved.com).
- Ask for references and check them out and if possible go and look at a piece of work they have done.
- Find out about their experience and qualifications. If they use sub-contractors what experience do they have and how do they work with them.
- Do they have insurance if something goes badly wrong? Something you may not want to think about but worth asking the question – just in case!
- Always ask for a detailed quote, checking how long the price is guaranteed for and what it includes. Go through it with them so you are clear.
- If it is a large piece of work, agree phases of work and stage-payments and keep a final payment until the work is complete and snags rectified.
Alternatively come and buy your fitted furniture at Bluebell and let us take care of it all!